Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quelle suprise!

Okay, so last post to the contrary, my husband is actually quite a catch. He always makes me smile, is one of the most even-tempered people I know and every once in a while he surprises me and absolutely makes my heart hum with pleasure.

This is crunch week on my project and work is ruling my life. DH has not only graciously jumped into the role of taking care of the house and making sure I eat more than Poptarts for 3 meals a day but he had a special surprise for me when I came home the other day.

Due to our recent move and the ongoing renovation of a bathroom our garage has been a disaster zone. This has lead to some chilly mornings already here in Chicagoland as I've gone out to get into the car. Call me spoiled but, I like to have my car semi-warm and not covered in frost.

Well, as I rolled into the driveway after a gruelling 13 hrs at the office I was thrilled when I discoved that my lovely, wonderful, DH had gotten my side of the garage cleared. It may sound like it's a small thing, but he also had a hot meal ready along with a cold bottle of wine, so it made my day and was exactly what I needed at that time.

No comments: