Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy Birthday

Happy First Birthday to Nephew Garcon!
Wow. One whole year. It's gone by lightening fast for me, but it's stunning to think that it is the sum total of Garcon's existence. I've always loved kids, but Garcon is the first one I've ever been around to truly see him grow and get to know him. Plus he's the first one that I've ever been in a position to protect and I can totally understand the Momma-Bear analogy now--and I'm not even his mom!
It's exciting to think of what will happen in the next year. He's already walking, so I'm sure running, ball throwing, chasing the dog, swimming in Omi's pool, and first words are all in store. I can't wait to listen to him talk and watch him experience his world.

1 comment:

ChicMama! said...

That's sweet. Thank you!