Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Deep Question for the First Day of Spring

Why don't people realize that they are supposed to snip the "x" shaped stitches that are on the back of coats with a split in them?

You know, like a trench coat or a long wool coat that has a walking vent in the back. The manufacturers whip stitch the bottom closed with those 2 stitches so that in hangs well in the store and doesn't get crumpled in transtit...but, hello, People! you're supposed to snip those when you take off the tags!

2 comments:

ChicMama! said...

I have ALWAYS wondered the same thing. At my old office, I once mentioned to a co-worker that she hadn't snipped the threads. She replied that she liked it that way. Which was typical, considering she was a major hick dressed in Limited clothing who liked to say things like "Boar's balls!" when she was annoyed.

Just one of the many reasons I'm glad I'm gone. :)

Honig said...

Boar's Balls?!? Wow. Glad to know I'm not the only one who shakes their head at anonymous people doing stupid stuff.